Monday, August 5, 2013

Pocket : It’s Not Always Sunsets and Kittens: Photographing the Tougher things in Life

Pocket : It’s Not Always Sunsets and Kittens: Photographing the Tougher things in Life: "Not every shoot I’ve done is full of lollipop promises, cute matching (but not too matching) outfits, and happy families throwing their kids up into a perfect blue sky with puffy cloud dreams.  In fact, typically the ones that didn’t, are among the most important pictures I have ever taken.  The ones that there are no road maps for, no instructions, and no cheat sheets.  Several years ago I photographed a beautiful wedding of a young couple deeply in love on a perfect July day.  I shot the wedding, went home, and put those images at the bottom of my “waiting to be edited” stack.  Which is where they stayed until I got a random call that the groom, a police officer, had gone missing in an attempt to save a young girl who had almost drowned in a fast moving river.  For three days rescue teams searched for him, until they found his body a day shy of his and his new bride’s first month anniversary."

'via Blog this'

No comments: