Thursday, August 15, 2013

Five Self Assignments That Teach You To See

Five Self Assignments That Teach You To See: "In my 20 years in photography, I’ve seen a lot of different assignments teachers have given their students.  Most I have heard, or been given myself from time to time, have centered around learning to use the camera.  Things like “Use Only One Exposure Mode”, “Use Only One Lens”, or “Use One Aperture Setting”.  The most interesting to me, from a photographic standpoint, involved learning to see.  The reason I say this is that simple camera use can be easily learned. It’s basic math when you boil it down.  But learning to see creatively, learning to compose a shot, takes much more than learning buttons, dials, and controls.  These self assignments force you to look around you, to really see what you’re shooting and try to make interesting images."

'via Blog this'

No comments: