Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Process of Taking a Photo – PictureCorrect

The Process of Taking a Photo – PictureCorrect: "After teaching photography for a number of years and constantly documenting myself on the subject, I often find educational material being all the same and just a little bit boring. Then I stumbled across an amazing book by Michael Freeman called The Photographer’s Mind. It had a lot of new pertinent elements that I really enjoyed reading. I highly recommend everyone read this book.

I would like to join one of Michael’s chapters here and add some of my “Southeast Asian travel photographer’s chili sauce”, because I find that it is a very effective way of showing people what goes through someone’s mind during the process of taking a photo. I have been trying to describe it to my students and find they really enjoy this. They can instantly imagine how things happen and how they can apply their knowledge. This is something I would have loved to read some years ago when I wanted to become more efficient when taking photos of people."



'via Blog this'

No comments: